Thursday, June 23, 2011

Watching the sky in Wales

Last Wednesday - as in June 15th 2011 - was, as you probably know by now, a night when there was a full moon and a lunar eclipse. So, with camera at the ready, we - Kelly and I - waited for sunset, and for a chance to capture photos of the eclipse.

Kelly said it was a beautiful sunset, so I told him to take a couple of photos for me to post on here. So, he did, and here they are:




The eclipse should have been happening some time between sunset and 11:00 pm here. I'm assuming it did - especially since my Mam said she saw it - but we couldn't get in to a position where buildings weren't blocking our view of the moon during that time. We tried, and tried, and tried some more. But no luck. *Sigh*

When the moon finally came in to view (around midnight) it was too late. We figured we'd get a photo though; at least then we had something to show for our evening of watching the sky. So, here's the photo we got:



According to my Mam the eclipse was only visible as a partial eclipse in our area anyway.

I still would have liked to get a photo though...

12 comments:

AliceKay said...

The sky was very pretty at sunset. Love the pinks and blue.

It's hard to get a good picture of the moon unless you have a really good camera, but Kelly did a great job. Sorry you weren't able to get pics of the eclipse. Maybe next time. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
I was surprised when Iggy told me we got a good shot of the moon actually, because my camera isn't really a great one, so I can't guarantee good photos with it. Anyway, I'm glad the photos turned out to be good ones, and that you enjoyed them. :)

Intense Guy said...

I especially love ths soft pink and blue sunsets - like this one... I don't know why except maybe its a gentler experience compared to a blazing orange one.

Furry Bottoms said...

You astound me, Tori. I keep forgetting you're blind. And you inspire me, because you still see the world in a visual way-- through words.

Those pictures are beautiful.

The Coexist Cafe said...

Oh, Tori, I had no idea you were blind! How did I miss that! Like Furry Bottoms (haha, that was fun to write out), I am just so in awe and inspired by you. :)

I wish you could see the sunset, it really is beautiful... but I'm sure what you see in your mind's eye holds a flame to that candle. :)

Rita said...

Great shot of the moon, even if it wasn't the eclipse. We had clouds and rain here, and I am not sure we had much of the eclipse at all up here, anyways.

Beautiful sunset photos, too. :):)

Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures of the sunset, thanks for sharing.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! Thanks again for sorting them for me! :)

Nikki:
Thank you! *Blushes* I think it could be a combination of my love of reading and writing, and the fact that - though the descriptions of some things can often escape me - I do remember seeing things. Also, Iggy gives descriptive labels to my photos when he sorts them, and if I need more info I can get it from either Iggy or hubby.

Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! :)

Stephanie:
Don't feel bad about missing it; though it is mentioned on my profile I don't tend to make a huge deal about it, and don't even mention it unless it needs to be mentioned for the topic I'm discussing. Anyway, I lost my sight to Congenital Glaucoma, and had one eye out in 2000 and the other in 2008, so I don't even have light perception. But, anyway, thanks!

I always enjoyed watching sunsets and sunrises, so I can imagine (to a certain extent).

Rita:
Glad you like the photos. Sorry you had clouds and rain blocking your view!

Lynn:
No problem; glad you enjoyed them! :)

The Coexist Cafe said...

Ohhh my goodness, Tori, I had no idea. But I'm glad that you had a chance to see sunrises and sunsets before you had your eyes removed. :) Those memories and those sunscapes may even prove more beautiful!

<3

Thank you for sharing, by the way. :) I seem to have missed that in your profile!

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
It's OK; you know now. :)

Deanna said...

The sunset is so pretty - very soft looking with all of the pale colors. Getting a good photo of a moon is next to impossible!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Glad you enjoyed the photos! :)