Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father of the Bride Part II

"In this sequel to "Father of the Bride", George Banks must accept the reality of what his daughter's ascension from daughter to wife, and now, to mother means when placed into perspective against his own stage of life. As the comfortable family unit starts to unravel in his mind, a rapid progression into mid-life crisis is in his future. His journey to regain his youth acts as a catalyst for a kind of "rebirth" of his attitude on life when he and his wife, Nina, find how their lives are about to change as well."

(Above taken from this page).

This was a pretty good, really funny movie. Probably not to everyone's liking, but I thought it was pretty good. I don't think I've seen the first one - at least, I don't remember seeing it - but if it's as good as this one then I'd say it's worth watching.

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

I remember watching "Father of the Bride", but I can't remember whether or not I've seen this sequel. Steve Martin's movies are usually pretty good movies. He has a wide acting range.

Rita said...

I've only seen the old version with Elizabeth Taylor and that was a good movie. Sounds like the remake must be okay, too. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, he does!

Rita:
I never saw the original.

Intense Guy said...

I've never cared all that much for Steve Martin - I met the dude in person once... he is a "driven" someting of a maniac, man.

But hey, there is an original?

*ears perk*

Toriz said...

*Chuckles at Iggy's comment*