Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Furkid thoughts: Gwydion's outing (FD)

Hi there humans. It's Gwydion here.

I had the most awful start to the day!

Mami dragged me out of my cage before breakfast and shoved me in a plastic box thing (the humans call it a "pet carrier"). Then that got put in one of those noisy machines with seats that the humans ride about in (the ones they call a "car"). After a load of bumping about in that "car" thing the humans picked up the carrier and took me in to a building that smelled of all kinds of animals, and some other stuff I didn't like the smell of, and we went in to a room where Mami pulled me out of my carrier. And that's when I figured out where I was... The vet!

The vet human clipped my claws, and had a look at a sore I have on one of my paws. She thinks I got it from the fact Mami left it a bit longer than she should have before getting my claws clipped, so I've been putting my foot down at a slightly weird angle. The vet human cleaned it up and told Mami it should heal up nicely now my claws have been clipped. Then we were allowed to go home... Thankfully!

I hated it; when they put me back in the pet carrier thing I was trembling so much the whole thing was shaking. And when they got me home they had to take the thing apart to get me out, because I'd buried myself in the hay they'd put in it for me right at the back of the pet carrier, and was not coming out! And, when they put me in my cage I ran right to my bed to hide from them and the scary vet human!

My day wasn't all bad though; when - a little while later - I got up the courage to come back out of my bed, I found a big, juicy fresh strawberry waiting for me in my bowl!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

10 comments:

The Coexist Cafe said...

Haha, aw, this is so cute! I'm loving the "furkids" posts! :) What kind of pet is Gwydion, anyway? I was thinking hamster, but then I was like... no, hamsters don't get their nails clipped, especially by a vet... so I admittedly have no idea. ;)

So sweet about the strawberry, too! I call that a worthy treat for having gone to the "doctor", haha.

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
Glad you're enjoying the furkid posts.

Gwydion is a guinea pig.

AliceKay said...

Aww, a big juicy fresh strawberry as a reward for being a brave little Gywdion. How nice is that? Almost makes it fun to go to the vet, eh? (well, probably not)

I hope your paw heals quickly.

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Stephanie:
Yes; strawberries make great rewards!

AK:
No, it doesn't. But it did make me feel a bit better.

Thanks. It's not hurting me or anything, Mami just thought it should be looked at while we were at the vet place.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Celticspirit said...

My puppy hates having her nails clipped too. I can't handle doing it myself so the mean old vet has to do it! I'm always afraid I will cut them too short. Glad to hear you got a nice yummy strawberry.

Rita said...

Scary, but now your foot will be better. And you got a strawberry.! Let's hope your nails grow slowly and you don't have to go back for a while. ;)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Barb:
Yeah; Mami says that's what she's worried about too. Apparently if you do that it can be dangerous for us, and she doesn't want to risk it, so she wont allow anyone other than the vet humans to do it.

Rita:
That's my hope; the longer before they take me back, the better in my opinion!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Intense Guy said...

I hope your foot heals - and that you are (able to) scamper around freely soon!

Yum! A fresh strawberry!!!

Deanna said...

I don't like to go to the vet errrrr I mean Dr. either Gwydie. But I sure do like me some strawberries! Glad you survived and are ok.

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Iggy:
I can still scamper about, but it should be easier now my claws are sorted!

Deanna:
Glad it's not just us furkids who hate vet appointments!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion