Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear John

"While John is on leave in his hometown, he finds Savannah, a college student visiting the town. Although love was unexpected, it doesn't mean they didn't find it. With the knowledge of John having to leave for the army, their love still lives, until his re-signs on due to the 9/11 attack. Troubles invade and their love put on hold. One cannot bear it anymore; can the other?"

(Above taken from here).

An emotional movie, with a lot less action and violence than I expected to see (which I'm pleased about). Definately not one to watch with the kids, but possibly enjoyable to adults. I thought it was pretty good, anyway. One tip though... Those of you who cry in emotional movies will probably want to have some tissues on hand.

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You will need a trip to the store to get more tissues at this rate!!

:)

Deanna said...

I have avoided this movie and the book on purpose. I fear it will be too emotional to watch. There probably wouldn't be enough tissues!

ChicagoLady said...

This is one of the movies on my list to watch. I figured I'd need some tissues for it.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yes; definately need a top-up on tissues! LOL!

AK:
Definately emotional, but if you can deal with it I think it's worth watching!

Chicago:
Definately! ;)

AliceKay said...

(psst...i hadn't commented before now. i think you meant Deanna)

I've never seen the movie, and I'm not sure if I'd want to. If I'm not mistaken, Jeannie (or a friend of hers) reviewed the movie when it was first released and more or less told how it ended. (Jeannie can smack me if i'm wrong)

Rita said...

Was already in my Netflix queue. I think that Amanda is a good little actress. :)

Lynn said...

I didnt read the book I used to read Nicholas Sparks books until I decided he liked killing off characters too much(I stopped reading after his book Nights in Rodanthe), the movie was good though :o)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Hope you enjoy it!

Lynn:
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Oops... My original "AK" comment was for you... Sorry!

AK:
Yeah, I did mean Deanna; I keep doing that with the two of you for some reason!

Toriz said...

AK:
Oh, and fair enough. I've only recently started reading Jeannie's blog though, so I wasn't aware of that.