Sunday, June 12, 2011

A gate, a snack, and more (FD)

Some time in the next couple of days I will be posting some photos from a recent walk that Iggy very kindly sorted for me (thank you Iggy). In the meantime...

Alan from upstairs painted the front gate during some of the dry weather we had in the past couple of weeks, and I thought I'd post a photo for you...



Call me strange if you like, but I happen to think it's a nice gate, and I bet it looks even better now that it's had a fresh coat of paint.

***

Thought you all might like a new Kero photo...



I'd have grabbed more, but he lost interest and turned away after the first photo...



***

As a vegetarian I'm always looking for different ways to combine my fruits and veggies. It's amazing how much different a meal tastes just from changing one ingredient. Well, my main issue is healthy snacks; I mean, who wants just a plain piece of fruit all the time? So, I decided to try another of the snacks I'd read about when looking for different ideas for fruit and veggie snacks. And this is it:




Half an apple, spread with peanut butter, with raisins arranged in the shape of a face.

Iggy pointed out that it kind of looks like a jack-o-lantern, which makes me think it would be a great snack for any Autumn celebrations (such as Samhain).

Ah, who am I kidding? It's a great snack for any time!

***

We had a thunderstorm Friday evening. Nothing impressive; it was over pretty quickly. Since then it's been alternating between being sunny and rainy.

***

*Hugs and positive thoughts to all in need of them*

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's a nice looking gate...painted all fresh with white paint.

Nice pictures of Kero. Even the one where he turned away from the camera.

And yep, that snack looks like a jack-o-lantern. :-)

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you agree it's a nice looking gate.

Thanks (about the Kero photos).

Cool (about the jack-o-lantern look-alike apple treat)

Rita said...

That's a very pretty gate. I love gates, doors, archways and the like. Old or fancy windows, too.

Karma loses interest in the camera a lot of the time--hehe! Kero looks nice with his short cut grown out a bit. Has to be cooler for him still.

Not a raisin fan, but that is a snack that could make a person chuckle. :)

We have rain right now and chance of showers or thunderstorms for the next four days--again. Wet-wet-wet. Wish we could send it to the people who need it so badly.

I hope you're still able to sneak in a Kero walkie once in a while inbetween raindrops. ;)

Deanna said...

I have a great fondness for gates and I agree that is a very nice one. And it does look great painted.

Kero posed very pretty for the camera. I love peanut butter and apples. I had never thought of adding raisins. Your creation does look a bit like a jack-o-lantern. Thanks for the positive thoughts!

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad you liked it; will bear that in mind any time I'm near any nice looking gates, windows, etc! :)

Yeah, he always seems more comfortable with his fur kind of short.

I love raisins, personally. I'll have your share! ;)

I wish we could send rain to those people who need it too.

Yes, I'm getting some walks in with Kero. At least one a day.

Deanna:
Glad you like the gate. :)

You're welcome about the positive thoughts! *Hugs*

Furry Bottoms said...

I like the gate! It has a character all of its own.

It was nice to see a new picture of Kero! :) Hewwo Kero!

Furry Bottoms said...

OH, another good snack may be this. Wheat Toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas. At least thats what they say in weight watchers...

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Glad you liked the gate and Kero photo. :)

Yeah, I guess it would be nice. Haven't tried that one yet. I have to be in the mood for a banana, so I don't do many banana themed snacks as a rule. Mind you, I suppose I should; might get me back in to loving bananas like I used to!

Intense Guy said...

Painting that gate looks like it took a lot of work - all the wrought iron-like details and what not... it looks glorious now.

:) Pats kero on the head and sneaks him a snack.

Apples and Raisons sounds like a good pairing... and I do love 'nanners too.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, it took him a while to paint; I don't envy him!