Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fairy friendly

Today is Litha - or, the Summer Solstice - so I wanted to wish you all a blessed Litha!

They say the fairy folk are at large on this date, and that it is one of two days out of the year when the vail between our world and that of the spirits and fairy folk is the thinnest (the other day being Samhain/Halloween, which you may already know). They say that's why the fairy folk are out in such large numbers on this date, and why magic weaved is so much more powerful tonight - and Samhain night - than it is the rest of the year. They say that on these nights you should offer food to the fairy folk to please them and to prevent them from playing nasty tricks on you. I hear they like sweet things best; like honey. I'm leaving out milk and honey for them here... And hopefully some lavender syrup too!

8 comments:

The Coexist Cafe said...

Blessed Solstice to you and yours, too! :) I hope you have a wonderful Litha!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Summer Soltice to you!!

Wow..now that snuck up on me in a hurry! I think the Earth has sped up more Tori...

Furry Bottoms said...

I was gonna say don't forget to leave them an offering outside your door, but you've already got that covered!

Rita said...

I'd love to see me some fairies!! :):):)

Celticspirit said...

Have you heard of Doreen Virtue? I read several books of hers on Faeries. I really loved them. One thing she says is that faeries take care of the flowers, plants and trees....or anything nature related. One of these days I will build a faerie house. I think it would be so much fun.

AliceKay said...

I think the milk and honey will please the fairies. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Hope you had a nice Litha celebration.

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
We did, thank you! I hope you did too! :)

Iggy:
Yes, I think it has... I guess that person who keeps speeding up time isn't listening to our pleas of slowing it down? ;)

Nikki:
Yep, definately got that covered! :)

Rita:
You and me both! Just have to settle for leaving them offerings and letting them come unseen though.

Barb:
I'm sure the name rings a bell, but I don't remember reading any of her books. I'll be sure to do so if I ever get an oppertunity.

And, yes, building a fairy house would be fun! :)

AK:
I hope it did! :)

Chicago:
We did, thanks! :)