Thursday, June 16, 2011

Game of Thrones

"Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon families. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard Stark to serve as his chief advisor. Eddard, suspecting that his predecessor had been murdered, accepts so that he can investigate further. The Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching a plot to take control. Across the sea, the last surviving members of the previously deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also plotting a return to power. The conflict between these families and others, including the Greyjoys, the Tullys, the Arryns, and the Tyrells, leads to war. Meanwhile, in the north, an ancient evil awakens. Amidst war and the political confusion, a brotherhood of misfits, The Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and the horrors beyond."

(Above taken from this page).

Many of you - especially those of you who read Dorkys' blog, since she posted about it just a couple of days ago - will have heard of this one, I'm sure. Well, I wasn't going to watch it, but I did end up watching it, and... All I can say is, "Yes, it is as good as it sounds; not one to watch when the kids or grandkids are about though!"

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

We get HBO, and I've seen this advertised a lot, but I've never watched it so haven't gotten into it.

Rita said...

Not out on Netflix yet, but I did put it on my save list for when it does. I don't think I'll live long enough to see everything on my list--ROFL!! ;)

Lynn said...

We dont have HBO so I cant watch it but I sure want to. Im hoping they will put it out on dvd eventually.

Intense Guy said...

You've been seeing a lot of different sorts of movies!

I used to think I would read anything that wasn't nailed down.. sort of like you with the movies!

:)

Toriz said...

AK:
Fair enough!

Rita:
LOL! Well, at least you can't say you're bored! ;)

Lynn:
I expect they will, I mean it seems to be quite popular, so they probably will.

Iggy:
I'm the same with books too. I have a bunch of book reviews in the "scheduled posts" queue at the moment as well as more movies. There are very few movies I don't enjoy, and even fewer books I don't enjoy. Some things that I don't enjoy as a movie can be very enjoyable as a book.