Sunday, December 02, 2007

A few reviews

I listened to the third story in the "Secret Seven" series last night, and the fourth story in the set this morning. The third story is called "Go Ahead Secret Seven" and the fourth story is called "Good Work Secret Seven" and, yes, they were as good as I thought they were going to be. For those who don't know, Enid Blyton's "Secret Seven" series is about a group of seven children (and their dog) who end up solving mysteries and catching crooks.

Then I spent most of the afternoon watching movies. First "Pocahantas" then "Pocahantas II: Journey To A New World" because they were on Disney Cinemagic one after another and I wasn't doing much, so decided to watch them. Besides, they are both good movies.

I was going to tune in to the streams at The Wolven, but we've had the washing machine and tumble dryer going most of the day, and I wouldn't have been able to hear the tunes over the noise they make (my washing machine is quite noisy). Maybe next week I'll have better luck tuning in.

I borrowed a CD from Mam yesterday, and listened to it this morning. The singer is a little girl (I think she's about six years old) and her name is "Connie Talbot" (think I spelled her last name right). Anyway, she sings beautifully! She sings songs like "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and "Silent Night" so it's not the most lively of CDs. But it's such a sweet CD, and she has the sweetest little voice. I'm not sure where Mam heard about her from (she won some kind of compatition or something... Mam did tell me, but I forgot) but I'm glad Mam got the CD and let me borrow it, because I really enjoyed listening to it!

Don't really have anything else to say, so... Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

9 comments:

Kati said...

Oh, I wonder if that's the little girl who was on "Britain's Got Talent" or whatever show it was. Is she a tiny little blond thing??? Because it seems to me I recall the name of the little girl who stunned Simon Cowell with her version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" WAS named Connie. I only caught the video of her on YouTube, but didn't see the actual show. (Well, "DUH Kati", it is "Britain's Got Talent" after all, and I live in the US.)

Anyway. Glad to hear you're enjoying your books & your new cd.

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like you're keeping yourself nice and busy. Kudos for you!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

tori
what ( kati ) says sounds about the little girl sounds about right, and i did see her on the show and what a lovely voice she has.

do you know exactly how many storie's enyd blyghton wrote, and you really are getting through them arent you.

and do you know if i hadnt had robin here today i was thinking of tuneing into the wolven, so great minds think alike dont they,lol.

and arent you lucky having ( cinamatic ) so you can watch all those lovely films.

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
Yeah, that's her. I said she won something. LOL!

LadyStyx:
Keeping myself busy for now, but after Christmas I'm gonna be bored again. LOL!

Grandma:
No, I don't know how many stories Enid Blyton wrote. There are LOADS! The Secret Seven stories, The Famous Five stories, a good dozen or more books of just short stories (like the ones I told you about "A Bit Of Blue Sky" and "Snubby No Tail").... And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head. Just ask in the library for "Enid Blyton books" and the librarian should know of (and have) at least some of them.

AliceKay said...

I saw the video on YouTube and she was awesome. She had the audience spellbound during that song, and I think Simon was speechless for quite some time.

Tori_Z said...

Don't think I've ever seen Simon Cowell speachless. LOL!

KAYLEE said...

greAT reviews how are you?

KAYLEE said...

whos shireen?

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
I'm fine... You?

Shireen is my Mam's Goddaughter and my adopted sister (Elizabeth)'s biological sister.