Well, it's a little after 4:00 am Saturday morning and I am wide awake. Why? Well, because I had an early morning yesterday (Friday) so fell asleep about 9:00 pm which meant that by about 1:20 am I was up and wide awake. Oops! And, by the way, since it is now technically July 1st... HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!It's also our Grandmother, Sarah's birthday today. We'll probably give her a quick ring later to say "happy birthday" and all that. It'll have to be a quick ring though, because long distance phone calls can get quite expensive (she lives over in Canada).
Anyway, Jayde's had her spay and is doing fine. She's feeling a bit sorry for herself, but wouldn't you be? And she hasn't barked once since she got home. I'm pretty sure that she thinks the spay was her punishment for barking or something. Bless her. There is one bit about the spay I think she likes though and that's the fact that because I know she must be really sore and I don't want to make her feel worse, I'm not making her wear her harness for walks, I'm just clipping her lead on to her collar. Bet she's really happy about that, since she absolutely HATES the harness, it's me who likes her to wear it. She's not too happy about the fact I wont let her run free with Kero though. I did try to explain to her that it's just for a few days, but I don't think she cares what I say, all she cares about is how unfair she thinks it is that Kero's still running loose and she's not. But anyway, she's doing fine.Yesterday afternoon while Jayde was in for her spay, Kero played with Jayde's brother, Beauty, who lives two doors down from us. They played really well together and had a great time. Megan tried to join in and Beauty went to chase her away, so, Kero put himself between Megan and Beauty and nudged Beauty away from 'his' cat. It was perfectly obvious to all of us who were outside with the two dogs at the time - Mam, Jan (Beauty's owner), Margaret (my next door neighbour) and me, of course, - that Kero was saying "that's MY cat and you do NOT chase it."
He's a good boy is my Kero. He looks out for our cats (and our hamsters) and if he sees any other dogs near our cats he's shoe them away and protect his cats. Actually, my Mam was saying yesterday what a good boy he's become. Only last year you could have called him until you were blue in the face and he wouldn't come back, but yesterday he stood near my Mam and I while we played basketball in the park and ran along beside me when we were doing some running about. He's also getting really good at showing me where things I can't see too well are. For example, when the ball rolled away from me he went and stood by it to make sure I could find it, and when we were running around and my Mam said to run to the goal posts and I couldn't see them because they were too far away, Kero ran with me and when I got nearer to them went and stood right in front of them to show me where they were. Bless him.
We're a bit worried about my Mam's Lab, Willow, because she wont eat... again! She does this every so often, but usually when she refuses to eat her food we can manage to get her to eat some of our food. This time however, she doesn't even want our food, hence us being so worried about. Also, she's limping a lot on one of her back legs. We thought at first it was that she needed her nails trimmed again, so, we took her in for them to be done, but that hasn't helped. Anyway, I hope there's nothing serious wrong with her.I think that's about everything for now. Except to say that I'm going to Party In The Park today with Elizabeth and my Mam.
Oh, and speaking of Elizabeth. We think we might be wrong about how far along she is with the baby. We think she might be about a month further along than we first thought. Either that or man is she having a huge baby! Also, my Mam was able to feel the baby kicking quite easily and you shouldn't be able to feel it that well the side of 16 weeks Elizabeth is meant to be. But, we shall see, wont we?
In the meantime, I'm knitting him or her a blanket. My knitting skills aren't the best in the world, but I wanted to make something for the baby. I'll take a photo of it to show you when it's done. I'm already over half way through it.
Tori
1 comment:
oh my i wonder if jayde really does think that was her punishment for barking ( bless her ) , i really do miss her , especially since i am on my own now, but hey-ho it wont be for long.
and that was good of kero to shield little cat sister bless him .
and i hope willow starts eating very soon , give every one my love .
grandma xx
Post a Comment