Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A bad bus journey + much more

Bobby (one of the presenters who are on Real Radio on weekday mornings) said this morning that July 17th 2006 was the hottest day in 90 years (in the UK anyway). It was beautiful and sunny, and about 36 degrees Celsius, which I think he said was about 93 degrees Fahrenheit. In fact, I just looked, and the main topic of my post for July 17th of last year was about how hot it was. It was even called 'Hot with a capital H.' But, it wasn't anything like that today though. Nope! Today it was about 18 degrees Celsius (so, I guess that would be about 46 degrees Fahrenheit) and it kept raining on and off all day.

Anyway, I went to town today. I'm starting to really hate going to town. I swear everyone in the valley has chosen Tuesday morning to go to town. My bus stop is about half way through the bus' route, and for the past month or so, the bus has been more or less full before I've gotten on it. Then, more people get on, and everyone ends up all squashed in like sardines in a tin. It's annoying! Not to mention uncomfortable. The bus driver has to allow a certain number of people on to the bus after the seats are full (I think it's something like 15 or 20 people, depending on if there are people with prams or not) so until that amount is on the bus he's not allowed to refuse to let anyone on the bus. Or rather, they can, but they end up in trouble because people complain that the driver didn't let them on. So, until they can honestly say they have reached full capacity, they let people on the bus. Meanwhile, we're all trying to take up as little space as possible to allow room for other people to fit in. If it wasn't for the fact that the reason I shop on a Tuesday is because it's the most convenient day for me, I'd change the day I go shopping. I think if it carries on like this, I'll either have to get up earlier and catch an earlier bus. It would have me there something like five or ten minutes before the shops are due to open, but I'd beat the crowds. Or, maybe I could walk through the park to the main road and catch the bus for the other bus company instead.

So, after my bus trip, I wasn't all that enthusiastic about shopping. Not to mention the fact I'm still having trouble sleeping at the right times, so I'd been up since the early hours of the morning and was tired. I just had my baguette (yep, a tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion one) and did the weekly food shopping. Then, when I came home, I ordered a lamp to put by the chair I have in the bedroom so I can read in there if I want to. It's being delivered on Thursday. I could have got it when I was in town, but I just wanted to go home.

I went for a nap when I got home, but I didn't feel any less tired after it. If anything I now feel even more tired. Maybe that means I might actually sleep tonight? Nah, I didn't think so either! LOL!

I got the two books my Mam had borrowed from me back off her. She brought them with her when she came to meet me in town so I could bring them home with me. So they are now in my pile. And, Mam has lent me her 'Charlotte's Web' DVD. Maybe I'll watch it later. Or, maybe I'll leave it for tomorrow. I haven't decided yet.

Speaking of movies, we wont be going to watch 'Shrek 3' like we'd hoped to do. Wayne has a few hospital appointments at the end of the week, and Mam has some next week, and there's a few other things that mean we haven't really got the free time. Especially with having to sort stuff for going to Jackie's at the end of the month. Ah well, never mind. It will be on Sky movies in a couple of months.


I'm not as far in to the Lemony Snicket books as I'd hoped to be. I've got two more chapters of book eleven, then book twelve, and book thirteen to read. It doesn't look like I will have them all finished by the time my Harry Potter book arrives. Oh well, I've waited this long for the last Harry Potter book to be out, it wont hurt me to wait a few more days while I finish reading this set. Besides, I'm really enjoying reading the Lemony Snicket books.

By the way, Ladystyx, I have more than three fur babies. I have... 3 cats (Sakura, Megan and Chance), a dog (Kero) and a hamster (Sirius). We also have a goldfish called Kian. If you go take a look at the 'Our Pets' Page' link on my sidebar, you can read about all my 'kids' (including the ones I don't have any more for whatever reason).

Tori

7 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well thats sad that you wont be seeing shrek , but yes as you say it will be on sky tv at some point .

your bus journey sounds horrible , and there is nothing worse than being squoshed up on a bus .

Tori_Z said...

True

LadyStyx said...

I see...looks like you've had a zooful at one time or another. In my first marriage we had many too. A total of 12 cats at one time (thanks to my now ex's ploclivity to allowing any ole stray in the house).

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

WOW thats some cats you had "ladystyx"

Tori_Z said...

WOW! That's a lot of cats!

The most we've had at any given time was 7 fish, 3 cats, 3 hamsters, 1 rabbit and a dog. Although, if you don't include fish, then the most we've had at one time has been 3 hamsters, 3 cats, 3 dogs and 1 rabbit.

I've always had some kind of animal living with me. We always had at least one cat or dog (or in many cases, at least one of each), not to mension rabbits, hamsters, fish, birds and gunea pigs, when I was growing up. Then, when I moved out on my own I had a guinea pig and a rabbit. When I lived with my hubby, there was a cat (and I looked after a fish for someone for a while). And, right after we got back from Canada, we got a rabbit and a budgie. Then, soon after that, we got Kero and animals just started moving in. LOL!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

just a quick quwstion tori " was there any room for you & kelly " lol .

grandma x

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

" question " even , oops , lol .