Monday, July 16, 2007

"A Bit Of Blue Sky" / Hatchlings

Well, that "bad weather" never came to much. We had rain on and off all day and into the night, but a lot of people were phoning or texting the radio last night and asking them where this "so-called" bad weather was. And, at the moment, it's sunny here. Don't know how long it'll last though, because there's not much blue sky showing between the yucky grey clouds.

The bit about the blue sky reminds me of a story I read when I was little. It was an Enid Blyton story called "A Bit Of Blue Sky" and while I was walking Kero and trying to figure out if it was going to rain or not, I was reminded of the story, and my comment just now made me think of it again.

The basics of the story is that two little kids wanted to play outside, and their Nanny said that maybe they could after lunch. But, it was quite cloudy, so they were worried it would rain before then. So, their Nanny told them that if there's enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers, the day would be nice. So, the children looked and saw a patch of blue, which their Nanny took a good look at, and announced that it was enough to make a small sailor a pair of trousers and that the day would be nice. Sure enough, by the afternoon it was beautiful and sunny with barely a cloud in the sky.

It was a cute little story. I wonder if there's enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers today?

Anyway, these are the things that hatched out of those eggs I had on the side bar.



Right, I'm going to go make myself some lunch

Tori

7 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Was watching most of yesterday to see what would come out of those eggs. I notice none of the critters are in the sidebar....

Robyn said...

the lamb is cute!

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx,
I liked them, but none of them cried out "put me on the sidebar" if you know what I mean.

Robyn,
Yeah, it is cute, isn't it?

LadyStyx said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

your poor " old grandma " has got no idea what this egg hatching thingy is all about , but they are very cute " but a horse " hatching , " am i missing somthing here " ???? .

Tori_Z said...

Don't worry about it Grandma.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

ok , i wont worry about it , lol .