Friday, July 06, 2007

Lemony Snicket - The Hostile Hospital

I have recently resumed my childhood habit of reading a little bit each night before settling to sleep. I hadn't done this for some time, because I was so busy playing on World Of Warcraft that most nights I was too tired to even pick up a book. But, since I stopped playing the game, I've resumed the habit of reading a chapter or so before deciding it's time to put away my book and settle for sleep. Over the past few days, however, it has taken more than 'a chapter or so' before I'm able to put the book down and settle for sleep. This is a mixed blessing, a phrase which here means "a good thing because it means it took me only three days to read book eight of Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events, but a bad thing because it meant I was going to sleep later than I should have been so ended up getting up later than I should have been as well." Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that bit like Lemony Snicket would. LOL! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. As I am getting further into the series, the unanswered questions, close calls, and nail-biting moments of suspense, appear to be multiplying. And, it's becoming more and more difficult to put the book down before the point when I am so tired I can barely focus on the book, let alone read the words on it's pages. I'm already an entire chapter in to book nine, which is called 'The Carnivorous Carnival.'

2 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

I'm such an avid reader, I enjoy reading for a bit before bed. And most nights, one chapter becomes two or three. I find it helps me relax so I fall asleep faster.

Tori_Z said...

I quite agree. It's easy for one chapter to become two or three, but when you do finally put the book down, it's usually easy to fall asleep.

What are you reading at the moment?