Sunday, July 15, 2007

Books and bears

Well, I've added more books to my pile. LOL!

I've not only ordered, but received...

  • 'The Alchemyst' by Michael Scott
  • ''The Basic Eight' by Daniel Handler
  • 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter' by Kim Edwards
  • 'Dragonquest' by Anne McCaffrey
  • 'Astronomy For Dummies' by Stephen P. Maran
  • 'The Beatrice Letters' by Lemony Snicket
The Astronomy one isn't added to the pile though, because it's an information book about various things to do with Astronomy.

'The Beatrice Letters' isn't really a story book either. It's got some letters and pictures in it to do with Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I haven't taken the time to look at it though, because it has a little gold sticker on the front of it that says "contains a clue to book the thirteenth" and since I'm only on "book the eleventh" I don't want to read the clue, whatever it is, and spoil the story for myself. So, it's on my pile, for now, so I can have a look at it when I've finished reading the last few books in the series.

Play say that they've posted my copy of 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' already, so, I should have it by Friday (if not before), which is great, because it's not due to be in shops until Saturday (well, midnight Friday). Although, I did hear a rumour that some shops will be starting to sell it before then, but I don't know if there's any truth in it. Either way, I guess I better get busy reading my Lemony Snicket books, eh?


And, I'm waiting for 'Double Act' by Jaqueline Wilson, and 'Pongwiffy And The Spello-vision Song Contest' by Kaye Umansky to be posted. I've got the other five books in the Pongwiffy series (one of which is in my book pile) so I figured I'd get that one, which I believe is the last book in the set.

I've also got another book pre ordered... 'The Worst Witch Collection' by Jill Murphy. It's due to be released in a couple of months. The separate books in the collection have been out for years, but I never got them. Now they're doing them all in one book, so I thought I'd get myself a copy.


I suppose you're wondering about the 'bears' part in the title, right? Well, it's to do with the movie I watched yesterday morning. I was up, I was bored, there wasn't much on TV, and I'm nothing but a big kid - which most of you already know - so I enjoy watching animated movies. Anyway, 'Brother Bear 2' was on. So, I watched it. It was really good actually.

Today is my friend Natasha's birthday. I don't think she reads my blog, but I figured I'd say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her anyway.

According to Real Radio, which is the radio station that I listen to, the 'MET office' issued a severe weather warning for today and tomorrow, for most of Wales (and some other parts of the UK). It's not too bad at the moment, it's just a little wet, but we'll have to wait and see what the afternoon holds for us. And, I think they also said there would be flooding in some places. It wouldn't affect us much, because the bank up from the river that's near us is quite steep and high. Even if the river got high enough to get up on the bank, it would have to cross a concrete path, a large field, and a road before it even got to the housing estate we live on. It would make taking Kero for a walk a little difficult though. The path right near the river is where I usually walk him. But, if it did rain enough for that, it would be next to impossible to get Kero to go for a walk anyway, so, no big deal. Still, it's not the kind of weather report you expect to get in the middle of Summer, is it?

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

It sounds like a typical weather report around here...chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms, with possible flash flooding of creeks and rivers and maybe even some hail or tornadoes. Summer can be very rough sometimes. Hope you stay safe. *hugs*

Tori_Z said...

Thanks AK. I wouldn't worry though, I've lived around here on and off since I was born, and I've never known the river rise past the banks, no matter how many times the weather reports say we're going to get a flood.

LadyStyx said...

It's not the typical summer weather for us either. Usually it's so dry the grass goes brown.We have 2 seasons here in Texas, green grass and brown grass. Green Grass season usually lasts 4 months at best.Last year it was so dry that we had wildfire watches. This year it's flooding. Normally by now in July we've had several days of 100+ temps. During this whole summer we've topped at 95-97 and not for many days, usually in the mid to late 80's lately. I like this weather...actually if it'd drop a good 5-10 degrees more and stay there I'd be happy.

Tori_Z said...

It was really hot here last year too, but this year - despite the constant promise of a Summer as hot as last year's (or hotter) it keeps being wetter, and colder than it was even in winter.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

personally i think the whole weather system has gone " bonkers " and we really have had enough of this wet stuff ,.
and tori i hope your river dont get any higher or you will be canooing it for walks with kero .
so you have more books to read " keep you out of mischief wont it for a long while " lol.

just keep safe love .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, we have had more than enough rain, haven't we?