Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lemony Snicket - The End + The Beatrice Letters

Yep, that's right, I've finished reading the final book in Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I actually finished reading it yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post about it yesterday. Anyway, it was a great book. The series didn't end as I'd expected it to. I expected more of an 'everything gets all wrapped up and sorted out' sort of ending, but it wasn't like that. Although, the mysteries did get solved, and the questions did get answered, so that's good. And, it was a thoroughly enjoyable book. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. It's definitely a set of books I'd read again.

I'm not going to put this next book in the list of books I've read, because it's more a collection of letters and such than a book. I'm talking about 'The Beatice Letters' which is a collection of letters and such to accompany the set of books that I've just finished reading. It was quite interesting actually.

So, now I'm reading the final Harry Potter book 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' by J. K. Rowling.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Well Tori I have looked at your blog and you are talking about the books that Muriel has started to read and she did tell me you were deeply into them, and you seem to have got through them all.
I see you have the Harry Potter book is it good?
Very enjoyable.

ChicagoLady said...

I've gotten through the first 5 chapters of HP so far.

Tori_Z said...

Auntie Lizzie,
Yeah, when I started telling her about the books, she got interested and wanted to listen to them. She has a full list of the titles in the right order, if you want to check them out too.

As for the Harry Potter book, it's good so far. I'll do a write-up on it when I'm done.

ChicagoLady,
I'm about to start chapter six. Kelly's finished reading it, and my Mam is a little over half way (or, was when I last spoke to her). But, in my defence, I read slower than them, plus, they started Saturday, I didn't start until Monday night.

Intense Guy said...

I hope all of you bloggers' Harry Potter books have all their pages. There was a big stink about one of the press runs which had a bunch of books go out missing some pages.

Quality just isn't what it used to be...

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

for an moment there tori i thought you were going to post what the last story was about ( but of course you wouldnt do that ) .

i am on book 5 of lemony snicket and i am really enjoying them so far ( those poor kids )what they go through .

grandma x

LadyStyx said...

Thanks for the heads up iggy. I'll go check our copy now.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks for the heads up Iggy. You're right, Quality isn't what it used to be (not just with books).

My Mam has now finished reading her book, and, as I already mentioned, Kelly's finished his, and all their pages seem to be there. So, in theory all mine should be, since I checked and they are from the same batch.

Tori_Z said...

Oh, and Grandma, I wouldn't give away the ending. The whole point of writing a review of a book (or movie) is to tell people about it without giving away any of the detail of the story.

Debby said...

I'll have to stay away from your blog for awhile. I don't want to know anything about the book. I'm on chapter 6. I love the fact that I know nothing of what happens. I have even stayed away from the reviews. Have a happy Harry Potter reading day.

Tori_Z said...

Debby,
When I write a review on a book, I try my best not to give anything away. I can understand why you want to stay away for a while though. Hope you'll come back and check my blog again after you've finished reading Harry Potter.