Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

I'm afraid my photos of actors from the Harry Potter movies are from the first movie, so the actors have grown up a bit since this photo was taken. But, anyway, here are Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) as they were during the first movie.

Anyway... There were a few things that I'd read in the book and hoped they would do in the movie, which they didn't do. But, the bits they did do were excellent. And, they covered the important parts. Besides, the movie was about 2 & 1/2 hours long with those couple of bits missing, imagine if they'd put them in! LOL! Seriously though, the movie was excellent and definitely worth watching. Quite often, the movie is changed so much from the book that it spoils it, but I'm pleased to report that this was NOT the case this time! None of us (Kelly, Mam, Dad, and myself) managed to find a reason to complain about the movie. Apart from what I've already mentioned about the few things they left out that I'd hoped they'd put in. Kelly says it wasn't as good as he'd thought it would be, but it lived up to my expectations. Although, they got Umbridge's character very wrong!

The healthy eating thing that I've been trying to do, went right out the window today. LOL! But I'm sure I can have the odd day of eating rubbish. I started the day off right, a bowl of Raisin Wheats, and a glass of orange juice. Unfortunately, that was the end of me eating right. We passed McDonalds on our way through Swansea, and Kelly wanted to get himself some, and offered to get me some too, I said "no" at first, but then changed my mind and ended up having a Cheese Burger Happy Meal (at least I kept to small portions, lol) with a Shrek toy in it. Then we went to watch the movie, and Kelly and I shared a tub of Nachos with a cheese dipping sauce. Plus I had something they call a 'Film Feast' which had a bag of pop corn, a packet of skittles, and a 'Fruit Shoot' (blackcurrant flavour) in it. I'd hoped they would have Harry Potter ones, like they usually do, but they said that they had some 'Pirates Of The Caribean' ones that they had to use up first, so my Film Feast had a dress-up pirate hat in it. As you may have figured out by now, the 'Film Feast' is a kiddy's meal. So, like I said, at least I kept my portion sizes down! And, maybe if we do decide to go and see Shrek next week, they might be on the Harry Potter Film Feasts and I can have a Harry Potter toy in my meal. Yeah, I know, I'm just a big kid. LOL!

We stopped in Asda on the way home, because I wanted some cherries, and Mam needed a few things, and Asda do a 'make your own pizza' thing for about £2.50 or something like that, so we got some pizzas made for dinner. My pizza was bacon, sweetcorn, onions, and extra cheese. We brought them home to eat, because you have to finish off cooking them yourself, and I gave Kero some of my pizza crusts, because he'd been such a good boy for Wayne. He's got a habit of howling if I go somewhere, but he didn't this time, so I wanted to reward him for behaving himself. Besides, he's spoiled rotten. LOL!

I'd had a bad night Wednesday night, and ended up with about two hours sleep in total, so I was tired, and went to bed soon after getting home. I was in bed by 6:30 pm, and asleep by 7:00 pm. Hence being up so early. No big deal though, I'm not going anywhere today, so if I get tired I can always have a nap late.


It started raining when we were on our way home, and to my knowledge, it hasn't stopped since.

I've finished reading 'The Slippery Slope' and will post about it either later or tomorrow. I haven't started reading the next one yet though, because I fell asleep before I even picked it up last night.

OK, well, I think that just about covers everything.

Tori

Note - Added 8:00 am: I put some egg things on my side bar. They are meant to hatch on Sunday (July 15th 2007). I don't know what's going to hatch out of them though. I got one of each egg in the hopes that at least one of them will have something cool or cute in it. If I like the look of whatever hatches, I'll leave it on my side bar. If not, I'll delete it.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

It's ok to spoil yourself once in a while! Anyway, sounds like a great film. I watched a film that we went into after school at four and came out after seven.

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie and the day out. You can splurge on the foods once in awhile. :) And sorry to hear you had a bad night the other night. Hope you're feeling better now. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Movies, for the most part, dont always stay true to the books. I have a very good imagination and can pretty much "see" what I read. Take the movie ET. That is the only one I read the book first then saw the movie at the drive in. I cried while reading the book. ...not so much with the movie. That's why if I have plans to watch the movie I watch it before reading the book. This way I am not disappointed. Am really glad to see that they stayed true to the book. Ive yet to read any of those books yet, though we have the whole set (the last one is bought just waiting on delivery from Amazon). I suppose I wont be reading any until the last movie comes out if the others werent as true to the storyline.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks for helping me justify my eating rubbish guys. LOL!

Ladystyx,
Yeah, it is rare for a movie based on a book to stay completely true to the story. I have read all the books so far (and I've had book seven preordered since the end of April). Even though I have a good imagination, I am able to concentrate on what is happening in the movie and not think about the book. Although, I do tend to compare them in my mind afterwards.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori glad you had a good time at the movie , and the " feats " sound lovely ,it certainly dont hurt to break the rule's of eating what you want now & again , and yes you just " might " get a harry potter next time ( lets hope so any way ).

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Grandma