Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not done much...

On Saturday night (or, Sunday morning, depending on how you want to look at it) I went to join in with the Name That Tune game for the first time in about four or five months or so (as I mentioned in my post early Sunday morning) and on Sunday afternoon I went to listen to Kerry's stream (another thing I haven't done in quite some time). Other than those two things, and walking Kero, I didn't really do anything over the weekend. I've mostly just been concentrating on reading my books. I'm hoping that I can keep up the rate I'm reading at the moment so I can get the rest of the books in 'Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events' read before 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' comes out on July 21st.

We had some sun on and off over the weekend, but the rain doesn't seem ready to go away just yet. All weekend, the weather was alternating between being beautiful and sunny all morning, and then, wet and miserable all afternoon. Still, at least we are seeing some sun.

Yesterday (Monday) I spent the day alternating between reading, playing with Kero, trying to persuade Kero to go out in the rain, and watching TV.
I also had to wait for the delivery of the Waffle maker I'd ordered, which finally arrived some time around 4:00 pm. I haven't tried it out yet though. I haven't had a 'proper' waffle since when Sherry (my sister-in-law) took me for one while I was living in Canada (shortly after I got married). The only kind of waffles I've had, have been ones that you stick in a toaster for 30 seconds or so. Anyway, I found - and decided to order - a waffle maker that makes waffles in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head. So, I'll be able to have home-made waffles when ever I want now.

The 'Puzzling Puzzles' book I ordered the other day arrived yesterday (Monday) too. Let me tell you, they really are puzzling puzzles! I haven't done any of them yet, but I've had a look through the book, and some of them look like they're going to take a little while to figure out. Although, there are a couple that look quite simple.

Went shopping with Mam today. We had an 'OK' time. But, Mam's not been well, and I'm still not 100% (for some reason, I can't fully get rid of this cold, and can't get my temp up above 36.4 degrees Celsius). That kind of spoiled it for us. Didn't get very much. Mostly just the food shop. But, we did take the time to go to the cafe in Tesco for a drink. And, I did have my usual tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion baguette.

I think that's just about it for today.

Tori

4 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

wow a mickey mouse shape waffle sounds great i wouldnt mind one of them myself .

and hurry up and get better its time that cold thingy went away .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

I'm doing my best to hurry up and get better. Not my fault my cold likes me and doesn't want to leave!

AliceKay said...

I hope both you and your Mam feel better soon. *hugs*

Tori_Z said...

Thanks AK