Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summery Sunday

By the time I got up this morning, it was beautiful and sunny. It's stayed that way all day (so far) and is 'meant to' continue at least until tomorrow. Fingers crossed, eh? I took this photo a couple of hours ago, but it still looks exactly the same out there right now.

I took Kero for a nice, long walk this afternoon, and now he's laying in the middle of the room, sound asleep. I think I tired him out. Bless him.

I took this picture of him snuggled up in our bed a few days ago, and forgot about it. I found it when I was grabbing the photo of the sky off the camera, so thought I'd post it. Doesn't he look cozy?

I also had a couple of pictures of Chance on the camera, so I thought I'd share this one. In the other one, he's sat on the back of the chair, looking out the window with his back to the camera, so this is the better of the two.

Anyway...

We've just had the police out. We had some kids throwing stones at the windows. It's happened loads of times before, and usually we just ignore it, but we'd had enough. We ended up closing the door to make sure none of the stones ended up coming in and hitting Kero (which happened one time before) and calling the police. They came right away, and had a word with the kids. I don't know if it's going to do any good in the long term, but it's stopped them for now, so we have the door open again. I'm hoping that because we called the police out it will show them we're not going to tolerate it any more, and stop them. The police said they were going to make sure that the 'Beat Officer' in charge of this area is aware of the problem so she can keep an eye out for it happening again. I've met her before (the Beat Officer) and she's really nice. She always stops to talk to people just to see how they are. Even Kero likes her, which is unusual for him, because Kero hates people wearing uniforms.

That's pretty much my entire day for you, so I'm going to go make dinner, then it should be time for me to watch this Sunday's episodes of The Simpsons. LOL!

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Nice pics. Sky looks very clean and blue. Kero looks very comfy in that bed of yours. Chance looks like he could care less if you took a pic of him. LOL

Sorry to hear you had to call the police. Hope the kids think twice now before they cause any more trouble.

LadyStyx said...

The pic of Kero is much like what KatyLou likes to do, if I'd only allow it! I dont allow the dog in the bed. It doesnt keep hubby from putting her up there though. I just have to keep chasing her off.

I must be a cranky one, the very first time that those children threw a rock at my place I'd be on the phone calling the cops. I never did such things as a kid and expect the same from everyone else. Thankfully we dont have that problem here. The worst I get is the teens liking to cut through my yard to get to the property behind us instead of going to the corner and around like they should. I could understand if we were in mid-block and the block was a city sized block, but we're not. We're merely one property away from the corner. Maybe if I rent a big ole Rotty for my front yard it'll stop.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i think that it is terrible of those kids to throw stones like that ( little horrors ) i'd strangle the little sods , so lets hope they give you some peace from no on .

and i love the pictures especially kero and yes he does look very comfy doesnt he , nice one of chance to .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

AK,
I think you're right about Chance. LOL!

I hope they think twice too.

Ladystyx,
I originally said Kero wasn't allowed on our bed, but when we got them we had quite a low bed, so, even as a tiny puppy he could get on the bed. At first I kept putting him back in his bed, but after a while I decided I wanted to sleep more than I wanted to keep the dog off the bed. LOL! So, I just gave in and now he sleeps pretty much where he likes.

I never did stuff like these kids do either. I mean, I played with stones, but only ever threw them in water, or at bigger stones, or at cans or stuff like that. Never at windows. And, frankly, if my kids (when I have them) were to do that, they'd be grounded. But, I guess I thought maybe if I ignored them they'd get bored. Guess I was wrong. Mind you, I don't think it helped that my next door neighbour constantly screamed at them from her kitchen window for the slightest thing, like being too noisy running past, or, accidentally kicking a ball into the yard (our yard and hers are all one big yard). It also isn't helped by the fact I happen to know that the mother of the oldest kid - the one who has caused most trouble, and who's name makes the local police roll their eyes and groan... yeah, that's how much of a little sod he is- is either not around or so full of drugs and drink she doesn't know where her kids are, let alone what they're doing. Their Nan (who lives two doors down from me) has the younger three (who are 2, 4 and 5 years old) most of the time, and the other two (who are 8 and 10) are just roaming the street causing trouble. The 8 year old isn't as bad as the 10 year old, but she's getting there. She was a real sweetie up until just after her 8th birthday, then she started following in her brother's footsteps. I hope the other three don't do the same, but if something isn't done about that little sod soon, I think they will end up just like him. And all because their mother is too busy getting high and stuff to teach them the manners that we were all taught. I know it's not just kids in general nowadays, because my neice and nephew (aged 8 and 13) are nothing like that. I mean, my sister-in-law has told me that the only problem she's had with her 13 year old daughter is a bit of cheek, so that goes to show it's all down to how you raise them.

Tori_Z said...

WOW! That was a long comment! LOL!

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like it's time social services stepped in and took control of the kids. Obviously the baby factory doesnt give a damn. It's a shame she's dragging all those kids down with her. Maybe it's his (the oldest's) subconcious screaming out for help to get out of that situation. Granted the youngest 3 are with their nan...but that's no substitute for an actual mother and father. Dont get me wrong, many nans do a great job raising the kids if they have to...but the thing is...they shouldnt HAVE to. If you are responsible enough to have the kids, you need to be responsible enough to raise them. Sorry...this is one huge bug of mine. That critters like this get blessed with children and mate like rabbits and those that want little ones (and would do well raising them) have trouble having children.

Tori_Z said...

I couldn't agree more, Ladystyx.
Unfortunately, I had to laugh when you said it was time social services stepped in. Not because it was funny, but because it wasn't likely to happen. There was a little boy I looked after (this was a few years back) who was being beaten. The poor little guy was COVERED in bruises. But, social services did nothing.. Their mother bearly fed her kids. I mean, I asked the eldest one if it bothered him, and he turned around and said "not really, I mean, I'm kind of used to it now." How sad is that? I called social services so many times I lost track, but they did nothing to help. Nobody does anything to help people in this country. Unfortunately!