Monday, July 02, 2007

Potter, Pratchett & Snicket

It's less than two weeks now until Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix is released in cinemas all over the world. And, if I'm not very much mistaken, tomorrow (Tuesday June 3rd) is an event that the radio station I listen to referred to as "the Star-Studded Premier of the new Harry Potter movie" in London. So, some very lucky people will get to see the new movie tomorrow when the stars get to see it. I wish I was one of those lucky people. I guess I'll have to wait. Still, like I said, it's only a couple of weeks until it comes out.

Anyway...

Not done much today. The last of the DVDs I'd ordered off of Play arrived. A box set containing two movies from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. One is called 'Soul Music' and the other is called 'Wyrd Sisters.' I'm watching Soul Music at the moment. I've seen them both before. My Dad has them. But, I wanted my own copies of them.

Speaking of Terry Pratchett stuff, my Dad gave me a couple of Terry Pratchett books the other day. He gave me the three books that make up The Bromilliad Trilogy. Their titles are 'Truckers,' 'Diggers' and 'Wings.' I've read them before, but I love that set. They were the books that first got me interested in reading Terry Pratchett books. So, since I like it so much, I've added it to the pile of books by my bed that are waiting to be read.

And, speaking of books, I've only got a couple of chapters of my book - 'The Vile Village' by Lemony Snicket - left to read. So, I should have it finished by the end of the week. If not before. So, I should manage to at least have up to book eight in the series finished before the new Harry Potter book comes out in just under three weeks.

OK, well, I'm going to finish watching 'Soul Music' then see about feeding Kero and the cats.

Hope you're all having a good day.

Tori

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so i imagine that you are getting quite a " library " beside your bed then , lol .

Tori_Z said...

Yeah. But it's nothing compared with the shelves of books I have already read. LOL!