Friday, July 06, 2007

Pets, weather and colds

Chance's paws seem to be just fine. He's running around like he has done since the day he realised that Kero was more scared of him than he was of Kero. LOL! When he knows we're watching though, he steps gingerly on his back, right paw. But, when he doesn't think we're watching he uses it just fine. I think he just wants attention. Although, it does still look like it could be a little sore. Either way, I'm pleased to report that he hasn't been up on the work top or cooker again. So, maybe he has actually learned his lesson?

I still have this cold lingering, but I'm about 90% better.

We had quite a nasty storm last night... Strong winds, heavy rain, and I think a little bit of thunder and lightening too! But we actually saw some sun today, so, Kero and I decided to make the most of it and go for a nice, long walk.

Speaking of Kero, he was happy to just lay near me napping and chewing on his treat last night. However, I still had a certain someone trying to persuade me to pay attention to them instead of reading. Chance decided that he needed attention, and he kept pawing at the book and turning the page, or climbing between me and the book and laying across it to stop me reading it. I still managed to finish the book (scroll down past the 'Anne McCaffrey books' post if you want to read my opinion of it) and made a start on reading book nine.

Anyway, not much else to say, so I'm going to go make some dinner.

Tori

3 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Glad you're feeling better! My cat likes to play the "pay attention to me or else I'll hit a key you're not expecting game". See she's tall enough on hindlegs to reach my keyboard and invariably she'll tap at my left hand which manages to hit the caps key at a very inopportune moment. Since Im one of those ones who has to watch the keys as she types....I seldom notice until 2-3 sentences later....

Tori_Z said...

Oops! LOL!
I know that game. Megan plays it. She's not tall enough to reach from the floor, but she's discovered that she's flexible enough to sit on the shelf a little below the keyboard and reach from there.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

its good to hear you are on the " up " and that chance seems to be as well.

grandma x