
Well, it's about 5:30 pm and I'm shatterred already. But then, I've been up since a little after midnight thanks to the people above me making so much noise and setting Kero off barking, which woke me up.
Anyway, it's another beautiful day today and when I saw this I decided I didn't want to spend all day inside, so, I made up some sandwhiches and stuff and decided that Kero and I would go for a picnic in the park. That way we could be outside longer. But then I thought, it's a bit silly having a picnic by yourself. So, since my Mam had said she wanted to go to the park with her 7 & 1/2 year old Goddaughter, Shireen, this afternoon I called her up and asked if she wanted to come down a bit early and have a picnic with me and Kero. She did. So, I got all the chores done this morning out of the way, then packed up my lunch (and a few treats and a bottle of water for Kero) and headed for the park to meet my Mam and Shireen for a nice little picnic. And it was really fun, actually. I had my camera with me because my keys were attatched to the case from yesterday and I couldn't be bothered to un-hook them, so, I figured since it was with me I'd get a few more photos.
I know, I know, me and my photos. LOL! I can't help it, I just love taking photos of the animals. Especially Kero. And the fact he's so willing to pose encourages me to keep doing it. But I know you not only don't mind really, but like seeing the photos. And, even if you don't, I'm still going to keep taking and posting the photos. Just 'cause I can.By the way, this little girl here is my Mam's Goddaughter, Shireen.
Well, anyhow, we - Kero and I - left the house with our picnic supplies just before 1:00 pm and never got back home again until just before 4:00 pm. As you can see from the grin on his face in this photo, Kero had a great time again today. But then, he was outside, and he absolutely loves to be outside, so, that's no surprise really, is it?
Kero's now fast asleep and to be honest, I'm very tempted to crawl in to bed myself. But, I can't let myself go to bed this early, because I need to stop being nocturnal (I think that's how to spell it) or I'll have no chance with my exams next week as I'll be too tired to even read the question, let alone thing about the answer. So, instead of going to sleep, I'm going to mess about on the PC for a while then watch some movies. I just want to keep myself up for a few more hours, that's all. I would kind of like to still be outside, but I burn quite easily and my arms are already looking a little red so I don't think it's a good idea. Shame though, 'cause I'd have better luck staying awake if I was outside. Doesn't matter though. I'm sure I'll find some way to keep myself awake. I'm going to aim for staying awake until 9:00 pm. If I managed longer then that's even better, but I figure if I aim for that then I should be able to do it.
I know for a fact that I'll be asleep before Kelly gets home tonight though. He's got his usual weekly gaming club with my Dad and a bunch of their mates today and he rarely gets home before 1:00 am Sunday morning. Still, at least I know where he is, eh? I mean, sure, it means that unless I make plans with my Mam or someone I know then it's just me and Kero (and the other animals, of course) from about 11:00 am Saturday until about 1:00 am Sunday, but at least Kelly's not at a bar or doing something else to waste money. I have to admit though, I do get a bit lonely some Saturdays. It's not too bad on days like today, but when the weather's miserable and my Mam's busy.... well, you know how it goes. But, I wouldn't want to stop him going to the gaming club just because I sometimes don't want to be by myself. I'm not selfish like that.Tori
2 comments:
I just can't get over how much pictures of Kero could be pictures of Scotty LOL
I see you have the harness type leash. We have the extendable leash so he can go a couple feet a head of us or we can pull him back and shorten it at anytime.
We also have these wonderful leash free parks for the dogs here in the city... 2 of them and they are quite large. It's Scotty's most absolute favorite thing to do... it's like school for him and all his little friends he sees there everyday for about an hour my husband takes him after work. They have pinic tables for the humans to sit around and read or gossip whatever they like and the dogs all just run and play and jump.. there is a sign at the front gate caution white dogs will not stay white in the park... and we have discovered that just letting him dry and brushing him keeps him 90% clean. his first 6 months holy cow we were bathing him everyday and he didn't like that!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm finding the same hting with photos of Scotty.
Kero has to have a harness, because no matter how tight you put a collar, if you try to use it to restrain him he will slip it and I almost lost him through just having a collar and lead (when he was only about five or six months old). Plus, my Mam had a spaniel who had breathing trouble so had to use a harness, so, I don't feel right using anything but a harness on a small dog.
It was one of those 'leash free parks' we were in for our picnic. Kero has his harness on because we leave it on him outside the gate, but he doesn't have a lead on. He's free to leave (even in the pic with me) but chooses to stay and pose. LOL!
And as for the brushing thing... I learned that trick the hard way too. lol!
Post a Comment