Wednesday, November 29, 2006

OK people, grab your cuppa... I've got a lot that I want to say today! LOL!

Never managed to get the stuff I was taking to Mam's sorted out last night before going to bed so had to sort them this morning instead. Got them done though (I was right, I had wrapped all Grandma, Jo-Jo and Jayde's pressies). So, they are now up with Mam and Dad to go to Grandma's house at the weekend.

It was only this evening that I got the CDs in the new rack though, and I wasn't sure what to do with my old CD drawers (was never very keen on them anyway) but found a perfect solution today, because Elizabeth has no storage for her CDs and hasn't got nearly as many as me so they will be more than enough for her CDs so she's having them.

Speaking of Elizabeth, I showed her how to change the colours and stuff on blogger and man you should see her blog! Bright isn't the word for it... lol! It looks great though. Wayne's has had a colour change too. And speaking of blogs, my Mam now has one as well. I'm not sure she knows what she's going to be posting on it, but she has one either way. I was helping Elizabeth with hers and my Mam asked how she would make one and so I told her and as I was telling her what one would do to make a blog she was doing it, lol! Then I helped her get the links to our blogs on it so she can look at them if she wants to.

Finally got my haircut today. I've been saying for ages that I need one and happened to mention to my Mam (yes, I was hinting, since she usually cuts my hair for me) that it would be nice if I could have my hair cut in time for our dinner out on December 6th and she got the hint, I guess, 'cause she cut my hair for me while I was up there today. LOL!

Willow loved the pressies we got her for her birthday by the way. We got her a new blanket and a bone and she was alternating between carrying them around with her all afternoon... bless her!

Been trying to figure out what I've got to do and when I've got to do it over the next month. I do this every month and some months are a lot fuller than others. I'm meant to be ordering a cake for my Mam's birthday (because she's asked for one) and I've got the Christmas dinner on December 6th, then my Mam's birthday dinner on December 16th. Then on 23rd December Mam is coming down here and we're making mince pies for both houses and then Mam, Dad, Carl and Rachel are all coming down for a while on Christmas day. Those are the main bits. Of course there are also things like making sure I have everyone's Christmas pressents (got most of them) and making sure everyone gets a Christmas card from me. Then, of course, there are the normal routine things like making sure bills get paid, grocery shopping, doing my streams and that kind of thing. Holy crap! I've gone from being bored and moaning I need a hobby to being so busy that while I'm listing these I'm thinking "and when will I have time to just sit down and read? Or watch TV? Or just simply sit and do nothing!!!" But then, when does anyone have time for that stuff at this time of year???

Just remembered I haven't commented on today's photo... so... the photo was taken a couple of weeks back but I didn't get around to posting it. Anyway, it was taken with me standing in my back garden looking over at the trees by the river where I walk Kero just as the sun was beginning to set. It's the first of three photos and I will be posting the other two shortly.

I'm listening to the radio - as usual - and it's 'The Real Jukebox' (a request show on Real Radio, which is the station I listen to). Anyway, someone text in asking for a song for while he puts his tree up and Dave (the DJ) said "come on, it's not even December yet, why are you putting your tree up?" And I have to say, I agree. I mean, I LOVE the Christmas decks and can't wait to have mine up but I don't think they should go up until December, which is why I'm waiting until Friday to put mine up.

My Mam's putting hers up today though. I guess it's since she'll be away for most of the weekend, because she doesn't usually put the decks up until December 1st. They do look really cool though, but I'm still leaving mine until Friday. Then Kero and the cats can 'help' me with them... LMAO!!!

I was a good girl tonight and had a nice healthy dinner... baked potato with mixed veg (yes, Grandma, I even ate the brocoli that was in it). I made the same thing for Kelly for his dinner, but he ended up having some chicken nuggets with his since - as he has pointed out many a time - he's not on a diet and refuses to live on rabbit food. LOL!

OK, well, I think that should just about do it for today, lol!

Tori

10 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well i am so pleased you ate your greens like a good girl , lol , so kelly doesnt want to be a rabbit then , lol .

i really dont know how you manage to put so much on your blogger , and its all so interesting .

grandma x

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i cant see that my last comment went on your blogger , but i honestly put one on it .

grandma x

Anonymous said...

I see your comment Grandma...

That's right, Kelly doesn't want to be a rabbit, lol!

And, believe it or not, I don't know how my post got that long! LOL!

Kerry said...

HOLY CUPPA! that was a lot of blog lol
I meant to say the other day congrats about the new cd holder! So congrats! LOL
So your mam has a blog is her name Karen? did I ever mention my name used to be Karen?

Kerry said...

pssssssssst I stole your idea about a hit counter for the blog.
Actually I have been looking for months trying to figure out how to check howmany hit my blog in a day, this was an excellent idea!

Anonymous said...

Well, I did warn you it was long! LOL! I was just typing away and when I went to pick a title for it I thought "maybe I should warn them this is going to be a long post?" so, I did! LOL!

Thanks (about the CD Rack) and I did notice your hit counter, by the way.

Yes, my Mam is called Karen (so her blog is the one called "Karen's Spot") and yes, you told me you used to be called Karen. I think I read something about it on your profile on the Wolven and asked what you meant. Either way, you did tell me about it.

AliceKay said...

My daughter's name is Karen. I named her after a typing teacher I had in high school who died in a car accident that same year I had her class. It was her first year teaching and she made quite an impression on me. She was only 22 years old when she died.

Anonymous said...

That's so sad AK! And so sweet that you named your daughter after her. If you did that then she REALLY must have had quite an impact on your life!

ChicagoLady said...

Wow what a post! And I thought mine were long! LMAO

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!