Sometimes even just one little word can change everything in your life. Like when you propose to someone their one word answer can change your life in a different way depending on whether it's "yes" or "no". Or when someone phones you and they say something like "I've got some bad news for you!" When you hear that sentence you know something in your life - or at the very least, the life of a family member or friend - is changing for the worse and your mind is flooded with about a thousand possible disasters which could be the reason for that one little sentence. And even if the event doesn't directly affect you, the affects it has on others around you can be enough to affect your life that way.
I had that sentence said to me today by my Grandma. She phoned me up in hell of a state and said that dreaded sentence. My first thought was of little Jayde Bramblerose... had something happened to Jayde? I didn't get further than that though... my mind went numb and I bearly managed to ask what it was... dreading the reply. It wasn't about Jayde though... Thankfully!
However, I'm sorry to report that my Great Uncle Ray - who recently celebrated both his 63rd birthday and his 42nd wedding anniversary - died this morning. I know that he will be missed VERY much. Especially by my Great Aunt Lizzie, who was as devoted to him as a wife could ever be to her husband.
I'm afraid that I can't say any more than that about him as I have to admit that I bearly knew him. But regardless of this I still felt the need to post a message for him to let Auntie Lizzie know that our thoughts and prayers - as well as our deepest sympathies - are with her at this time of sadness and loss.
Posted by Tori on behalf of both herself and Kelly
I had that sentence said to me today by my Grandma. She phoned me up in hell of a state and said that dreaded sentence. My first thought was of little Jayde Bramblerose... had something happened to Jayde? I didn't get further than that though... my mind went numb and I bearly managed to ask what it was... dreading the reply. It wasn't about Jayde though... Thankfully!
However, I'm sorry to report that my Great Uncle Ray - who recently celebrated both his 63rd birthday and his 42nd wedding anniversary - died this morning. I know that he will be missed VERY much. Especially by my Great Aunt Lizzie, who was as devoted to him as a wife could ever be to her husband.
I'm afraid that I can't say any more than that about him as I have to admit that I bearly knew him. But regardless of this I still felt the need to post a message for him to let Auntie Lizzie know that our thoughts and prayers - as well as our deepest sympathies - are with her at this time of sadness and loss.
Posted by Tori on behalf of both herself and Kelly
8 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your great uncle. My condolences to you and your family. *hugs*
thank you tori for your posting , and thank you alickay for your condolences , and yes it was one hell of a shock , and by the way tori i will be going to Rays funeral with your auntie Sylvie , ok , so at least i wont be on my own , as i thought Sylvie's children would all be in her car , but the ones that can make it will be in there own cars .
grandma xx
sorry alicekay i spelt your name wrong .
Thank you AliceKay.
Grandma,
I'm glad you wont be going alone to the funeral. Please let me know when it is, ok? I know I wont be able to be there myself but I would still like to know when it will be. Thanks!
I'm used to my name being spelled lots of ways, but thank you. It's easiest just to call me AK. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
My condolences to both you Grandma and Tori.
Hugs to you all.
Thanks Kerry
thanks kerry for your condolences , annd for your hugs , and yes tori i will let you know when the funeral is .
and thank you AK for your prayers
grandma x
Post a Comment