Wednesday, November 01, 2006

West Highland White Wizard

So, here it is... November the 1st... can you believe it? November already!!!

I'd hoped to post this photo yesterday but since it was only taken yesterday I didn't get a chance to get it on to the PC in time. Here it is now though. Doesn't my West Highland White wizard look adorable?

We had a couple of kids come to the door last night and I felt real mean 'cause I had to ignore them since about five seconds before the first kids knocked on the door I realised that in my attempt to keep myself from eating candy I had neglected to get any for the kiddies. Damn! I have ALWAYS had candy available for the kids. I usually get the Halloween themed candies that are in shapes of skeletons and eyeballs and stuff for them. But, like I said, this year I was so busy not getting myself any treats that I never got any for the kiddies either. I felt so rotten for it too.

Kero wasn't too happy that people were knocking on the door and I wasn't answering it. He spent most of the evening barking and whining. Poor baby was probably really confused.

Now, here's a photo I never thought I'd be sharing. Yes, that is miss stressy paws herself (Sakura) cuddled with Chance!!! The same stressy cat who gave me attitude - big time - when Chance joined our family (not even 6 months ago). And here she is now cuddling up with him! I can't tell you how happy that sight made me! They were asleep, but when I moved to take the photo they woke up and, as you can see, weren't too happy about being woken up.

Kelly and I had a lovely time in town together. We almost never go together because usually I go with my Mam or he's going instead of me 'cause I'm sick. But yesterday we decided to both go - since my Mam was away - so we arranged for my brother, Wayne, to have Kero for us and off we went. We had lunch out. I had a tuna baguette (equivalent of a six inch tuna sub from SubWay) and he had a piece of pizza. What we wanted came form different bakeries but we decided since it was a nice day we would get exactly what we wanted and sit on the bench in the middle of town to eat... like a little picnic! Anyway, it was lovely. And then we got a cab home and it turned out that the cab driver's step mother was Canadian (from Montreal). Don't ask how that came about though 'cause I'm not entirely sure how the conversation started we just ended up discussing it. And when we got home I was informed that Kero was a little angel and hadn't even whimpered... for a change!

Unfortunately though, the day was spoiled a bit by the fact we had a letter waiting for us when we got home yesterday from my housing association about the junk in the 'garbage area' and the fact that it's 'apparently' all ours. As you can probably guess I was NOT amused. Yes, a lot of it is ours, but not all of it. And even if it was, what the hell are we paying the 'groundsmen' for? I was under the impression that the £5 a week extra on my rent was for "cleaning, maintenance and garbage removal" in both "the property and surrounding area". So, doesn't that mean that the £5 a week should cover removal of all that garbage? Anyway, I was told I had to "arrange removal of the items within 7 days" so to shut them up I called the council for this area and arranged for the items that are to do with us to be removed (it's costing me £10 to do this mind you) and Kelly went out there with rubber gloves and bagged up all the beer cans and other crap that wasn't ours but was small enough to be bagged up. I'm not impressed at us having to do it though, but I know from experience that complaining to the association only causes more hastle and I could do without it. So, I took the easy option and just did as I was asked. There are a few bits not going on Wednesday (I did say the stuff's going Wednesday, right?) but the bits not going are still in the house so I'll just keep them in here until another time. The thing is, they are only allowed to take a certain amount of items per visit.

I got Zararose - my Character on the realm we are concentrating on at the moment on World Of Warcraft - up to level 21 last night though and that was great. Kelly got Aerlwyn - his main character on the same realm - up to 31 last night as well. His Aerlwyn on another realm is already 60 (the top level at the moment) and I think he's trying to get this one up there as quick as he can too. He's off to a good start isn't he? lol!

Well, Kero is going nuts at me trying to get me to take him out, so, I better get my butt in gear and take him.

Tori

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well knowing your town where you get your shopping , i emagine that you had your food roughly outside the bakery or was it down the bottom round the corner from argos ??? , nice to know you both enjoyed yourselves .

and i love kero's outfit where did you get it?? .
nice to see sukora with chance , that really must have made your day.

grandma x

Anonymous said...

You were right the first time... outside the bakery in front of the post office... lol!

Actually, Kero's outfit is a wizard's hat and Gryffindor scarf that I got in Harry Potter snack packs when I went to the pictures to see the third and fourth Harry Potter movies. So, I guess the answer is, I got it from the cinema... lol!

Yes it did make my day seeing Sakura cuddled up with Chance like that.