Tuesday, November 28, 2006

...^...

If you've been looking for the weekly weigh-in post, stop looking right now, because you wont find it. I know I said yesterday I was getting weighed today, but I didn't get weighed. I was going to, but... well, what happened was... we - Mam, Dad and I - got into town and headed for Argos first so we could pick up my new CD rack that I wanted (I have about 240 CDs now and only space for 200 of them, lol) and when the CD rack was safely in the car, Dad went to park in Tesco's car park while Mam and I went to do what we had to in town. Anyway, we got in to Boots (where we weigh) and frankly we couldn't get more than a foot inside the store so we went back out and agreed that it wouldn't be an option to weigh. Besides, we were both getting hungry (we don't have breakfast on weigh day) and because of that neither of us were feeling too great. So, we went to find something to eat instead. Anyway, we've both agreed that we wont be weighing between now and the new year because we probably wont loose anything anyway (not with two dinners out and CHristmas around the corner) so quite frankly we'd be wasting a lot of time trying to get near the scales.

I will still be watching what I'm eating (as best as possible... I mean, it's the holidays and as you will all agree it is hard to stick to a diet through the holiday season) I just wont be weighing until after the new year because we want to get Christmas out of the way and almost nothing is open between Christmas and the new year so there's no point trying to go anywhere during that week.

Anyway... like I said, I went to town today and got me a new CD rack. My Mam put it together before she left and later I'll be putting all my CDs in it. Got the parcel mailed to Kerry today too, so, that should be with her in about a week (give or take). And doing her parcel reminded me that I haven't sorted cards and such for the family and friends I have abroad so I better get that done. I've brought almost all the stuff I just haven't gotten around to sorting it out yet.

And speaking of sorting out stuff that's got to go elsewhere, I better get my Grandma's card written and make sure I've wrapper the stuff for her house as I'm meant to take it up to my Mam tomorrow so that she can take it to my Grandma on the weekend. I'm pretty sure I've wrapped all Grandma, Jayde and Jo-Jo's stuff though.

Speaking of stuff I have to take with me to my Mam's place... it's Willow's birthday today (yes, that is why I'm using her photo as today's picture). But, I haven't seen Willow today though so I will be giving her the stuff I got her tomorrow when I go up there. I bet she'll love that... two birthdays! Lucky dog! Anyway... hope you have a very HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY WILLOW MOONSHADOW!!!

As you can see if you scroll down past this post, we had a mini tornado not far from us in the wee hours of the mornin'. Not as bad as it could have been, let me tell you, but still not a nice thing to hear about when you get up in the morning, is it?

Well, I just know there was somthing else I was going to say when I did my blog tonight, but I've been sat here for a while now and I just can't think what it could be, so, I guess I'dd just end this and if I remember I can always post again later. LOL!

Tori

8 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

saw about the tornado on the news this morning , that must have been very scary for the people concerned.

and what a lovely photo of willow , and thanks for getting her my pressie , she enjoyed it i was told ,.
and i dont blame iether of you for not getting wieghed..
oh yes , glad to hear you have wrapped the pressie's up for this house " thank you " .

grandma x

Anonymous said...

I took that photo of Willow the day I got my new camera, I think.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well when ever you took willows photo its a good un .

grandma x

AliceKay said...

You sound very organized. I used to be like that, but I'm not so organized anymore. Tornadoes can happen here in Pennsylvania from time to time, and they have hit close a few times. Nothing like the ones they have in the midwest, but they still do damage. Glad to hear no one was injured over there.

Anonymous said...

I'm not always this organised, AK!

ChicagoLady said...

Wow! I didn't know you got tornadoes in Wales! Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Kerry said...

I second Chicagolady!

I picked up the cards to mail out this weekend when shopping and last night while killing time before going to class (wasn't going any earlier than I had to.LOL) I stopped and picked up the stamps. poor Lead 3 dollars for the cards and he thought cool this is cheap enough, until the postal lady said 24 dollars please for the the lot of stamps ha ha ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Poor guy!

I didn't know we got tornados either... I knew we had little earthquakes sometimes because one of them I was up reading and the house shook and I'm like "WTF???" and next morning I had a writing class and the lady who picked me up to take me with her (since she lived right by me) said to me "did you feel that earthquake last night?" and I was like "oh, so that's what was going on!" And another time I lived right behind a house that one side of it totally collapsed (the other side and every other place around was fine) and if you looked out of my brother's bedroom window you could see the bath hanging... still attatched to the pipes but with no floor to hold it up.