Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rememberence Day

Today being November 11th it is Rememberence Day both here in the UK and in many other countries (i.e. Canada and Australia). I had hoped to have a nice poppy picture or something to put in here but I haven't had a chance to sort that out. I had also hoped to write a poem for today, but haven't had a chance to sort that out either. Damn! At least we managed to get the 2 minute silence in on the stream. Admitedly it was late (even going by the time zone we were working with) but at least we did it. Most of us did anyway. I do, however, have this link for you to look at if you want more details about what Rememberence Day is or whaterver. So, go take a look at http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/Remembrance.html. Sorry it's not the best of links, but I got busy and when I went to do this post realised I had nothing to put in it so did a quick search and that's what I came up with.

Tori

5 comments:

Kerry said...

sorry we missed you at the Name That Tune tonight!!
it's official marvin and I will be hosting every week now... alternating who plays the music and who keeps score!

Anonymous said...

Cool!
I was up but totally forgot about it. I remembered about half way through it (when I was getting into bed) and figured since I'd just given Kero his treats I might as well carry on and go to bed now.

Anonymous said...

Btw... who won?

Kerry said...

Pilem in a 6 way tie at the end she won on a Canadian 70's Folk Artist..... oh yeah you are familiar with the artist.. Joni Mitchell LOL

Anonymous said...

cool