OK, well, Kero's been to the vet.The vet cleaned out his anal gland because it was apparently quite full (yuck) and thinks that could be the problem because dogs do tend to bite themselves down that end when the gland gets full. Anyway, the vet told me to give him his flea stuff - since he's due for it anyway - then give him a couple of weeks and if he doesn't at least calm down with the biting and scratching and show signs of healing then I'm to take him back to the vet and she'll give him a steroid or something because that would mean it's probably a skin problem. She'd have given him the steroid today but he can't have his shot and the steroid on the same day and he had to have his shot because I've cut it a bit close and the shot from last year runs out tomorrow.
Kero and Willow never did get their play date today, because it's been really wet, cold and windy and that would have meant they'd be stuck indoors the whole time instead of being able to play in the yard and we decided if we were going to have them stuck indoors where their playing space is limited they just as well be stuck indoors at their own homes with their own toys.
Tori
4 comments:
check with Kero's groomer... they provide that gland cleaning service here in Canada... everytime Scotty goes to the groomers they automatically clean him
Don't think they do here, but I'll ask next time I take him in.
let me know what they say... curious to know LOL
the groomers here include that and nail clipping as part of his routine grooming
Kero's groomer does the nail clipping bit with his grooming but I don't know about the other part yet.
Post a Comment