Thursday, September 28, 2006

Poem: Ode To A Special Pal

Ode To A Special Pal

Written for Keroberous

My friend, my protector
And so much more besides
The kind of friend to whom
Someone willingly confides

When I’m feeling lonely
Your never far away
And try to let me know that
You’re here for me today

And if I’m kind of scared
You melt away my fears
And if I’m feeling sad and blue
You kiss away my tears

From the very first day we met
I gave my heart to you
For you are the one who I
Know will love me too

We kind of picked each other
When you were three weeks old
And you nuzzled me so gently
With your cold and wet little nose

And now it’s almost been a year
Since we met one another
But I promise you my pet
For me there is no other

There’s no doubt in my mind
That we’re a perfect pair
‘Cause I know when I need love
You will always be there

So, as we lay here on the bed
I have just one thing to say
I’m thankful that you chose
To be mine that day

And, before I end this poem
I just want to promise you
That I love you and I’ll be here
‘Cause I know that you need me too

I’ll do my best not to let you down
Or hurt you in any way
And I’ll fulfil this promise
All day and every day

© 2005 ~ Tori Zigler


I've just posted this poem - as well as sevoral others I've written in the past - on my poetry page, but thought I would post this one on here too since it's such a special poem. I'd have posted it sooner but I was unable to find it until recently.

Tori

4 comments:

Kerry said...

That was awesome! I love this poem!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kerry

Kerry said...

my little boy is my special pal too

Anonymous said...

I bet he is