Friday, September 22, 2006

Woodland walk

Went out with my Dad today to take some photos with out cameras. We got a few nice shots. The photo in today's post is one of them. My Dad's seen these flowers before and has a photo of one in a darker shade, but other than his photo I've never seen them before and neither of us know what they are. If you know though then please put us out of our misery and tell us. lol!

We had a good time. We ended up walking around in this wooded area for like three hours - not sure where it was exactly but it's not far from where we live - and it was so peaceful and pretty.

And we had blackberries - fresh from the bush - I haven't done that since I was like nine years old! But, Dad spotted them and picked us some. We'd have picked some to take home for Mam to make a blackberry crumble (or maybe a blackberry and apple one if we got some cooking apples on the way home) but we didn't have anything to put them in. So, we just ate some and everyone else had to go without. Hehe!

Kero and Willow would have had a great time. Willow would have enjoyed all the easy access to the water, which alternated between being fast flowing but very shallow and deep but almost perfectly still, and Kero - who's not a big fan of water - would have been in his element with all the trees to 'mark' and bushes to sniff under and patches of dirt to dig in. And there was this one spot that would have been not only perfect for both the dogs' interests but which had a nice flat open space in the middle of the trees with a perfect view of the water where we could have had one of our picnics that we - we being me, Mam, Willow and Kero - have most Saturdays.

Speaking of the picnic, I know my Dad would want me to share this, so, I will.

OK, we were at the spot I just described and discussing the potential for everyone's enjoyment of it and all that. Anyway, I was telling my Dad about a mat thing I had to go under the picnic blankets and how I'd come to have it. So, I said, "... I got it at the Party in the park for Mam, begause she didn't want to - oops - sit on the grass." Now, I know what you're thinking: "where did that 'oops' part come from?" right? Well, at the part where the 'oops' came in, I landed on my butt. Why? Because I was so busy taking photos and talking to my Dad I failed to notice that even though there was easy access to the water, I was a good few inches to the right of it and ended up sliding part way down the bank to the river only to land on my butt. Didn't stop me finishing what I had to say though. LOL!

Before you ask, I am perfectly fine. Although, I laughed so hard it was a good ten minutes before I could hold the camera still long enough to take photos again. My Dad, to my knowledge, is still laghing about it now. More the fact that even falling and landing on my butt didn't stop me saying what I had to say than anything, but you probably got that. LOL!

If you'd like to see the other photos I took then look in my albums.

Tori

No comments: